Tree farm minis are about capturing beautiful, lifestyle photos of your family, all within the backdrop of the Christmas Tree Farm. There are no props or forced poses, just guiding, playing and having fun.
Read through the following information to help you prepare and make the most of your session. Please take note of the COVID-19 guidelines.
Glenville Christmas Tree Farm
This farm is at the back of a house, you can't see it from the road.
When you arrive, go to the back of the house and follow the signs to the Christmas Tree Farm.
Please wear wellies!
Iniscarra Christmas Tree Farm
Please note, this eircode is for Iniscarra House - The Tree Farm is the next entrance on the left AFTER the above eircode...
Park in the yard and Follow the signs to your session.
Please wear wellies!
What to wear.....
This is a great time to dress for Christmas!
A few more specific ideas for Christmas Tree Farm Mini Sessions are to consider contrasting with the green in the trees to stand out beautifully and not clash. Pops of red look lovely with all of the rich green trees. Other colours that work well are dark blues or even maroons. Neutrals also look nice.
Footwear is very important - you'll need to wear wellies when walking to the tree farm area, you can change for your session but think about time as we are very limited. Please wear flat shoes and white wouldn't be advised!
Plaid, soft hats, and/or scarves are also beautiful additions to make your photos feel even more festive!
What to expect...
Even though we only have 10 minutes together does not mean that we do not have enough time. The biggest thing you can do to help your session go smoothly is to relax and let me worry about capturing your photos.
My goal is to capture your family together playing at the tree farm. I will guide you into poses and areas with beautiful lighting. Your job is to hug, enjoy and play with your family!
I will only ask for your kids to look at me 1-2 times (once for the fast “traditional” Christmas card shot, and once for an individual portrait). The rest of the time I will suggest fun things (like go attack Mam and Dad, dance together, play, etc).
There will be no props.
Dogs are welcome, but please be respectful. This is private property and you will be expected to clean up after your dog - All dogs are to be kept on a lead at all times....
What to do...
For this event we will be following strict social distancing guidelines for protecting everyone from COVID-19. Please follow these requirements for your session.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your session time. There will be signs for you to follow and my sister will be there to guide you. It'll take you a few minutes to get to the photoshoot area.
- PLEASE WEAR WELLIES as you will need to walk through a small field to get to the tree farm photoshoot area.. You are welcome to bring other shoes with you to put on once you get there but consider time!
- Use the time when you step out of the car to get any last details ready (one last hair brush, change baby’s nappy, etc)
- Maintain social distancing at all times. You do not need to wear masks as long as you keep your space from any other family that may be there.
- I will be wearing a mask the entire time.
- I normally love to chat after photos are taken, but this year we won't be able to unfortunately, however, you are welcome to stroll around the field of trees after the session with your family, have fun together (maintaining social distancing to other families) and maybe even buy a tree!
I’m grateful for everyone’s support and cooperation during these unprecedented times.
After your session....
You will get a gallery with 1 photo on the evening of your session... This will allow you to order cards, and prints for family and friends right away... The rest of your images will be uploaded into that gallery during the week along with a little video set to music as we do every year.
Make a Wish
This year, to honour my good friend's daughter, Bèibhinn O'Connor (who came to my mini sessions every year!), I will be making a donation from each mini session to Make a Wish which was her favourite charity... I'm sure many of you have heard about #theheartangel which focuses on simple acts of kindness. Your child will be given a little bag with Christmas goodies and a sheet with #theheartangel and my logo. It would be amazing if your family could think of a simple act of kindness and take a photo with the #sheet and post to Bèibhinn's page. Thank you so much.